The Brisbane Branch was founded in 1992 and is growing steadily as Brisbane becomes the centre for aviation and aerospace research within Australia.The Branch has strong ties with local groups for Engineers Australia, IMechE and the Australian Youth Aerospace Association (AYAA) with joint events being held on a regular basis. The Branch has many active members from a range of industry and research backgrounds as well as a long history with the RAAF Base Amberley. The branch changed its name to the Queensland Branch in 2013 to better reflect the identity of its members from all across the state.
The branch commitee meets monthly to plan events and activities for the members in the Brisbane area. New volunteers for the committee are always welcome and interested persons should contact the Branch Chairman.
A/AA NextGen Network and RAeS QLD Branch Trivia Night
Wednesday, 24 May, 6pm - 9pm
A/AA NextGenNetwork, AYAA and RAeS invite you to join us for an evening of trivia and networking.
This Trivia is a quiz-style event where guests answer questions on the Aviation and Aerospace industry. We pull questions from all over the world so the more diverse your team is, the higher your chance of winning. Bring your own team or make friends on the night for your chance to win!
This event is open to the whole industry.
AYAA alumni (2016 National Secretary and 2015 QLD Rep)
What to expect
- One complimentary drink on arrival
- Famous Faces - Can you correctly identify the famous aviators by their photos?
- Four rounds of aviation themed trivia
- Great prizes to be won, including the opportunity to be a part of a one hour lunch with three Boeing employees (A senior executive, a Chief Engineer or Research Leader, and a young engineer)
How to register?
RAeS members will need to register as a non-member through the Aviation/Aerospace Australia site and use the discount code RAeSTriv.
The committee for 2016 is:
|Branch Chairman||Horace Leung|
|Deputy Chairman||Col. Robert Crowe|
Peter Turner (Assistant Secretary)
|Webmaster and Membership||Stratos Patsikatheodorou|
|Communications and Student Rep||Sam Moran|
|Student Representative||Brock Little|
|Ordinary Committee Member|
- February 2016 - Current: Horace Leung
- August 2013 - February 2016: Col. Robert Crowe
- June 2012 - July 2013: John McCormick
- June 2010 - May 2012: Glenn Luke
- March 2008 - May 2010: Brad Wheatley
- November 2002 - February 2008: Cam Macphee
- January 1992 - November 2002: Bill Anderson
Please find a copy of the QLD Branch Rules here.
PO Box 3214
Hendra, QLD 4011
- Wednesday 15th March
- Wednesday 12th April
- Wednesday 10th May
- Wednesday 7th June
- Wednesday 5th July
- Wednesday 2nd August
- Wednesday 6th September
- Wednesday 4th October
- Wednesday 1st November
- Wednesday 6th December