The Brisbane Branch was founded in 1992 and is growing steadily as Brisbane becomes the centre for aviation and aerospace research within Australia.The Branch has strong ties with local groups for Engineers Australia, IMechE and the Australian Youth Aerospace Association (AYAA) with joint events being held on a regular basis. The Branch has many active members from a range of industry and research backgrounds as well as a long history with the RAAF Base Amberley. The branch changed its name to the Queensland Branch in 2013 to better reflect the identity of its members from all across the state.
The branch commitee meets monthly to plan events and activities for the members in the Brisbane area. New volunteers for the committee are always welcome and interested persons should contact the Branch Chairman.
2017 Sir Hudson Fysh Dinner
Wednesday, 19 July, 6:30pm for a 7:00pm start
The Queensland Branch of the Royal Aeronautical Society Australian Division and Aircraft Airworthiness and Sustainment Conference invites members of the Society and Corporate Partner employees to the annual Sir Hudson Fysh Dinner.
The Guest Speaker for the event is Mr. John Wagner, Director, Wagners and Brisbane West Wellcamp Airport developer.
- Student Tickets - $40 + fees - The RAeS Queensland Branch is sponsoring a discount of $85 per student.
- Member Tickets - $100 + fees - The RAeS Queensland Branch is sponsoring a discount of $25 per member.
The committee for 2016 is:
|Branch Chairman||Horace Leung|
|Deputy Chairman||Col. Robert Crowe|
Peter Turner (Assistant Secretary)
|Webmaster and Membership||Stratos Patsikatheodorou|
|Communications and Student Rep||Sam Moran|
|Student Representative||Brock Little|
|Ordinary Committee Member|
- February 2016 - Current: Horace Leung
- August 2013 - February 2016: Col. Robert Crowe
- June 2012 - July 2013: John McCormick
- June 2010 - May 2012: Glenn Luke
- March 2008 - May 2010: Brad Wheatley
- November 2002 - February 2008: Cam Macphee
- January 1992 - November 2002: Bill Anderson
Please find a copy of the QLD Branch Rules here.
PO Box 3214
Hendra, QLD 4011
- Wednesday 15th March
- Wednesday 12th April
- Wednesday 10th May
- Wednesday 7th June
- Wednesday 5th July
- Wednesday 2nd August
- Wednesday 6th September
- Wednesday 4th October
- Wednesday 1st November
- Wednesday 6th December